Thursday 15 September 2011

So, I'm back at uni.

Well, we all knew this blog was coming just as well as I knew as soon as I got back in today I knew I'd need to go back out for something (ice cream).

As many of you knew, when summer started to get boring (after I got my exam results, anticipation wore off and I was certain I'd be at uni at all) I have been desperately willing time to go forward to send me back to uni. This wasn't without it's drawbacks, obviously, just like for every decent Eluveitie fan there's about 150 pre-pubescent fan girls and boys squealing at Justin Bieber concerts. I was worried I'd repeat last year, the mind-blowing laziness (seriously, it was getting really bad), the positively negative motivation (yes, that makes sense, words with more than one meaning ftw) and the terrible attitude towards taking care of myself.

To be honest, I've been here since Monday now, and I feel fantastic. My sleeping pattern has miraculously fixed itself; going to sleep at 2am last night yet still getting up at 8am this morning. I worried I wouldn't have the motivation to cycle into uni every day after months of not cycling, and Dad shelling out for a new saddle, but I did it today and it was lovely! Currently having lunch - soup and bread. Pasta for tea, toast for breakfast. I'm even eating breakfast! I'm surprised, and pleased as hell my lifestyle is become a bit less... sloth like.

Back to the point - I'm back at uni, and had my first lecture today. I suppose that helps in putting me in a winning mood; philosophy always does! It really helps learning when you actually can't wait to start talking about it, and thinking about it, call me a geek and a philosophy nerd but I absolutely adore the subject.

It would also appear I've made a friend today. By chance happened to be walking to the back of the room when someone just came in asking if it was the right room for second year philosophy. By some massive sheer coincidence, we just happen to both be studying psychology too, as well as having the same philosophy seminar. Go me!
Zoe - 1. Shyness - 0.

I did however chicken out of signing up for the rock society. But, I can cheat, and join the rock society Facebook page and write a post so pleading and pathetic in nature so as to make some kindly soul take pity and offer at best friendship, at worst, mild acquaintances.
Zoe - 1.5. Shyness - 1. STILL WINNING.

That is one bad thing about uni. Feels like I'm still in first year, cus back then I didn't have the confidence to properly get stuck in and make friends. Now it's just sad if I try. See conversation; "so is it your first year?" "Nah, I just didn't make any friends last year. I don't have leprosy, honest."
Zoe - 1.5. Shyness - 2. Well, not that it matters, I don't think you can really win in a self awarded points battle with... yourself...

I'm beginning to realise why I have no friends.


Your conversational partner has disconnected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment