Tuesday 15 November 2011

That stupid Andrew.

I came on here all ready to write my first blog in months and that bastard Andrew beat me to it. He even stole my topic!

So I'm gonna go ahead and write my blog on the same topic like an uncreative sod. Except mine will be from the point of view of the one who wasn't HORRENDOUSLY GRUMPY on Friday morning, a Within Temptation superfan (who's been waiting to see them for four years) and a gig veteran. As opposed to a gig virgin. Like Andrew was. There, I said it.

I WANT A STREPSIL!
I'll admit, the bus down was horrendous. I decided to do the nice thing and switch seats with Andrew so he could sit next to the cool window. To be fair I kind of deserved it, seeing as I somehow managed to pick the seats right by the toilets (your own fault, you made me pick). With all the horror of the travel though, and the lack of sleep, I'm quite proud that I was not HORRENDOUSLY GRUMPY like some people.

Permission to squee? PLEASE?!
There I was, standing in the queue, freezing my ass off, my feet pulsating in pain, almost bouncing up and down with excitement. Fast forward an hour, and I was bouncing up and down, standing at the barrier (I have never been anywhere but right at the front at gigs), waiting with insane trepidation for Anneke Van Giersbergen could come on, feeling half excited about Within Temptation and half guilty that as amazing as Anneke performed... COME ON, WITHIN TEMPTATION WAS COMING NEXT! Half 8 comes along, Anneke's set is finished and it's The Half Hour. The only thing standing between me and Within Temptation. Andrew had imposed squee restrictions. All I could do was stay silent and drumroll on the barrier, bouncing away.

Such was the experience of finally getting to see my favourite band of all time. There is no feeling like it. Every song was amazing. Every high note was perfect. Every guitar solo was orgasmic. Goddamn, I was grinning from ear to ear throughout the whole thing. My life was made. I still can't describe it.

AGAIN, AGAIN?!
Within Temptation are doing another acoustic set such like An Acoustic Night at the Theatre which will feature songs from their newest album. I personally loved An Acoustic Night at the Theatre. As I described it to Andrew (then got a funny look for sounding weird) it's like they brought a whole new energy to their songs,  changing them just enough to be beautiful in a whole different way. These shows however are only performed in the Netherlands. I had a little bit of a look into how much it would cost, just a little bit, mind you.
Travel: £28.99 outward flight, £34.99 return flight. Tickets: £76. Accommodation: £69, bringing it to a total of £274.96 for two people.

Yeah, just a little look into it. Hey, that's totally doable right?!


On a completely unrelated note, guys, see for Christmas, forget presents. Gimme money. Lots of it. All of it. K? K.
Also, just realised I've mentioned Andrew 4 (5) times in this blog. Huh.


Your conversational partner has disconnected.

1 comment: