Thursday 16 February 2012

Valentine's Day 2012.

What a generic title. I'm ever so slightly ashamed of myself, titles aren't supposed to have anything to do with my blog, or give a hint at what they're about, what is this bullshit? Oh well, I'll come up with something super creative for the next one to make up for it.

So this Valentines was pretty much spent normally. What I did was irrelevant, but who I met was amazing, so this blog is going to be directed at them.

You, you wonderful person, are very close to me; someone I'm lucky to have. Over the past few weeks, months and years I've learned more and more about you, and all the while grown so much more secure with you.

You have a wonderful sense of humour - we laugh at the same stupid jokes over and over together, and make the same stupid puns (don't ask me to explain about the tree puns, or yew'll regret it. OH GOD N-). You can laugh at yourself as well as the bad stuff - hardship is always easier to get through with someone by your side, poking fun at the scary black smoke surrounding you. Best of all, I can be laughed at without feeling even slightly put upon.

A genuinely good human being. Not perfect - no-one is by moral standards. But it's the little imperfections that make you human. You're a good example of a humanity at it's best - open, caring, and most importantly - genuine. You're perfect to me.

D'you know what's really, really the best thing though? You're me. THAT'S RIGHT, I JUST SPENT MY VALENTINES POST APPRECIATING MYSELF. Because that's what people need to do sometimes. Single people and those in relationships alike need to take a step back and truly appreciate who they are, and stop thinking of themselves as a half to a whole, alone till they find that other half.

It doesn't have to be that way, and it shouldn't be that way. You (and this time, I'm speaking to you, my reader) are fantastic, because you're you. You don't need to be part of a pair to be defined. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

So, this has been my most srs fais post in a while. I like it.


Your conversational partner has disconnected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment