Saturday 11 December 2010

Avast! Taking a break.

So I know many of you will be saying "ha! Look there she goes slacking off again!"
Stfu. I have been studying since 10 past 10. So I'm taking a break, lest my head actually implode with the influx of psychological terms, implications, processes, etc. So, Grooveshark on, headphones in, blogger up.

I'm finally continuing the music blogging. Again, genres are very loose, so don't bitch at me.
And we move on to:


ROCK


Paramore:
I'm not linking anyone to anything by Paramore. Everyone knows Paramore. Most people like Paramore. But I like Paramore in a very particular way. I'm not particularly fond of All We Know Is Falling. I'm even less fond of Brand New Eyes. I despise Airplanes. I know that's only Hayley Williams... but face it. Paramore IS Hayley Williams. In truth, I like a few songs from All We Know Is Falling. I have a soft spot for Decode. But honestly, I am in LOVE with Riot!. Always have been. Maybe that's because it was the first Paramore album I heard. I don't know. All I know is it never fails to put me in a good mood.
Favourite track: Born For This.


Flyleaf:
Since I'm lazy, I'm not going to link to any songs here either. I discovered Flyleaf from the song I'm So Sick. If you've heard it, you'll know that when you listen the first time it goes something like this; "ahh, she has a sweet voice, this is pretty cool, strange tone...OMG WTF HAPPENED?" as they turn out to excercise sounds you never would've expected from them. Aside from their music, I just can't help but respect the band, in particular Lacey Mosely. Despite not being religious myself, I can't help but respect the message they put across, and the hardships Lacey has pulled herself through with faith. Kinda shows the power of faith, while it may not be the path for everyone, it saves many.
Favourite track: Cassie (Acoustic) "do you believe in God/written on the bullet/and Cassie pulled the trigger"


Seether:
Personally, I love how flexible Seether are. You get some heartwarming/breaking tracks like Broken. Then upbeat, "happy" songs like Rise Above This that genuinely instill a sense of positivity. Eerie songs that give you chills like Eyes of the Devil and Don't Believe. Finally, you get fun songs that are great for singing along to, like Fake It. As you've probably noticed as of this moment I have only heard their Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces album so I am basing my opinion solely on that, so no bitching about how I'm being too narrow. Listening to some of their back catalogue is on my list of things to do.
Favourite track: No Jesus Christ.


Right, cba doing any more, and I need to get back to studying.
P.S don't read this if you think of music as "just a song for listening to" and not a variety of messages/tones/moods/attitudes etc. You might think me weird if that's your definition of music.


That will be all.
Zoe.

3 comments:

  1. "so no bitching about how I'm being too narrow."

    Youre being too narrow I prefered Karma and Effect over that album

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't bitch about me being too narrow because I have fully accepted the fact that I'm being narrow. Just the way it is cus I've only listened to that album and thus can only comment on that album.

    ReplyDelete