Tuesday 23 November 2010

I just joined tumblr.

And my bloggy felt rejected so in an effort to convince it I am not abandoning it, I am writing a blog this evening/morning.
This is a subject that has been thrown around in my mind for many days, and is extremely important to me.

Why is it universally considered impolite, dirty, and incomparably wrong to lick a knife? These views of knife licking in society are very strong, especially regarding knife-licking in public. I am going to offer suggestions to this, along with my firm rebuttal.

IT'S UNSAFE.
Personally I think this is a ridiculous argument. Many of the people I know have licked many, many knives in their lifetime. They were never hurt by this, nor did they ever feel the need to use protection. Maybe they were just too trusting of the knives they licked, that is a very valid argument, however, as far as I know, they have had no reason to mistrust the knives they have come across.

IT'S DIRTY.
Also a ridiculous argument. Chances are that part of your knife licking will involve licking something off it. Surely this can be considered more hygienic than just leaving whatever it is to crust over? Besides, if human saliva is antiseptic, surely there is some amount of clean in it?

IT'S IMPOLITE.
No it isn't. It just isn't. Who in their right mind can honestly say that they would complain if someone licked a knife? Besides, who cares! If someone wants to lick a knife, is it really such a problem just to let them get on with it? These days when our minds are so open, it would seem they're still so closed.

That's all I can think of for now, but if anyone can think of another reason why it is socially unacceptable to lick knives (especially in public) please leave a comment and I will edit this blog to include it. I'll also advertise your own page if you ask for it.


I have 7 words.
Get. Your. Mind. Out. Of. The. Gutter.
I'm serious. Knife licking is not a euphemism.

That is all.
Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment