Wednesday 11 May 2011

Recent news, and a rant.

Must apologise for the lack of blogging. Having trouble trying to be creative and cynical at the same time (ie, post both here and on dA), but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep it more even soon.
P.S, any people who are here from my link in my dA journal, welcome to my blog!

Good afternoon, May, how wonderful of you to stop by. You bring with you a new pay day, a concert, and a deposit paid in full for the (now completely secured) upcoming accommodation worries. Oh and also exams, so it's not all bad. Oh wait...

Now, I am well aware of the structure of these exams. I know what to study. So I'm not panicking too much about them. It's just a matter of knowing the topics. Psychology is again a multiple choice exam based on lecture content only, which is absolutely fine and dandy, my revision for last years exam working fantastically and earning me a clear pass. Philosophy is two essays, where I pick two of four questions regarding the topics Egoism, Famine, Abortion, and Death. Which, as controversial topics, should not be too difficult. Depends on the wording of the question I suppose. Geography is a bigger version of the mid-term which I bombed spectacularly on, and really must revise the calculations part. >.<

Despite not actually having titled this blog as I write it now (the title usually being some sort of indication of the topic of the blog, kinda.), those top two paragraphs are very off-topic. I started this particular blog so I could have a little whine at Firefox.


You know what, Firefox? I liked you. I liked your design, it was simple and clear. I liked your speed, hell, this is something I never really had to consider because ANYTHING was an improvement on IE. I liked your themes, they accommodated for my bizarre phases of what I liked to see, like the pink phase, the mysterious phase and the downright cool phase.

Then you made me download Firefox 4. I was hopeful! Long had we pranced happily, hand in hand through the fields of interweb browsing, gaily giggling at the various funnies, sighing at the latest "breaking news" about some pop star's new hairdo, gasping at the less-than-child-friendly marvels of google's "I'm feeling lucky" button.

We guffaw'ed together at the other browsers. IE that was like a crotchety old granddad trying to keep up with the kids. Chrome that was like the sexy new toy just waiting to spring a new disease on you. Opera that was like wading through glue on a quest to get stronger glue to pull yourself out of the glue.

You know what Firefox? I loved you. You went ahead with the surgery, and I, the loving companion, allowed it. It was what you wanted after all, and who was I to deny? I held your hand as you went under the loading knife, worried about your well-being as you were put to sleep, eagerly awaiting being able to restart you and seeing the wonders of your transformation.

Immediately, you crashed. You ran at less-than-granddad-IE speed as I tried to open more than 2 tabs. Gone are the days of our picnics in the twilight, opening the sandwich of Facebook, eating the donut of Dorkly and drinking the epic of the Escapist. I remained hopeful, hopeful that under these faults I'd see the real you, what you used to be. All I got was a snarling monster that blacked out every time I tried to open DeviantArt.

I cannot forgive you. So farewell, my faithful friend. I will forever remember our days together, and remain blindly hopeful that some day sees the update of all updates, and brings my best friend back to me once more.

Until then, me and Chrome are gonna bitch behind your back and snigger away at all the pics I took of you before you put your make-up on in the morning. As is appropriate for one who has had their heart broken by one they once loved so dearly.


Well I think that's my "holy shit, where did that come from?" quotient filled for the day. Hope y'all enjoyed it. *big smiles!*

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment